01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

(Abra)Kadarka online tasting [ARCHIVED - 9 May 2019]

tasting

Red unripe greengage, if that makes sense

For me the opposite :slight_smile:

A whole packet of Star Mix all at once!

Hah strange isn’t it? For me it’s the other way round. I find this much less well balanced. The acidity is a little too much.

Just picturing everyone sipping their wine and comparing tasting notes in the haribo ‘child’ voices.

That was helpful @Herbster

@szaki1974 is there any Hungarian music you can share that will help us with the mood ?

Yes, the acidity is strong in this one

Light bodied but with real depth and intensity of flavour. Strawberries and red cherry with a bit of a woody undertow, there’s a savoury quality I can’t put my finger on too. Once again acidity provides the wines structure with light tannins providing some grippy astringency on the finish. Good length of flavour I must say.

OOOOH I like this music @szaki1974 :wink:

I’m late to the party, but have caught up and enjoying reading all your comments… The Maurer has a nose of sweet damson gin for me. Lovely colour too.

I need some cheese as this acidity is getting a bit much! The finish on both is surprisingly long

I just need ANY food :joy:

Enjoying this one more personally. The acidity is still there but I find the more apparent fruity, almost sweet, notes of damsons and red fruit make it seem more balanced. I could happily drink quite a lot of this on a nice summer’s day.

Don’t know what he’s saying but it’s not dissimilar to what we were listing to before :slight_smile:

Enjoying both the music and this wine…

Éj lettem, csend a hangom, / A napot akartam, s elégett minden

I became the night, silence is my voice / I wanted the sun, all went to ashes

Great stuff. I think all our tastings need a local soundtrack from now on!

I’ve totally instagrammed this :wink:

I like both but the Maurer is that much more sparky.