01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Alsace Walk Around Tasting - London & Brighton

I have a couple of these too, unopened, plus a few other ZH PG and Gewurztraminer.

I drank a bottle of the 2011 Clos Hauserer early this year. My tasting note then read:

“On the nose, various fruits and honey. Same on palate at first, with counterbalancing acidity, but seemed to lack the length I would associate with Zind Humbrecht wines.”

I think that the comment on lack of length was probably comparing it with a wonderful 2007 which I had a year or so ago, which just went on and on…

Just finished up the last of the last bottle of a 1997 Meyer Fonne Riesling Kaefferkopf which was Coravined last year. Deep gold almost coppery colour, still had some life in it too, though just a little over the hill now.

Indeed, no Weinbach.

Thanks everyone, my wishlist is now further embiggened!

I’ve had both and would most certainly agree . The Ginglinger more together as such . :+1:

Thanks for taking the time to expand, that’s good to hear. I have a couple of bottles too and was considering broaching one but will now delay until 2021.

Many thanks for your thoughts on the other wines too, most of which I’ve the odd bottle to try.

The present Alsace offer ends on Sunday. Such is the quality of the 2017 vintage that I’m feeling the need to send another mixed case to reserves for future enjoyment.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time and trouble to put down your thoughts in black and white as it should make my final choice easier.

I tried the Riesling ‘Brandluft’ from Boeckel yesterday and was blown away by its balance and beautiful lime flavours. As @Inbar mentioned it’s incredible VFM too.

Three bottles will now be going into that mixed case.

Really interesting write-ups everyone - I feel that Boeckel is calling. I have to say that I’m with @szaki1974 on the Dirler-Cadé GC Saering Muscat - I think it’s a really elegant wine, and works well with prawns or scallops. Not had the 2017, though. They serve it before the rieslings at the domaine.

I think that is spot on.