01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Chateau Musar, advice

You and me both (though I do have a couple each of slightly older Musars around; '99, '01 and '02 (You can still pick them up for just over £30).

However for a BYO a little younger would, I think, be fine.

I also have some Ksara, Ixsir and Ch St Thomas. Currently no Kefraya or Tourelles though.

Has anyone been lucky enough to try the '84 ?? Just wondering…

I take it, you listened to the podcast, too.

A prime example that the context matters a lot in the enjoyment of wine.

Absolutely, what a wonderful and emotive story .

I think I have had 1984 - but wasn’t really paying enough attention!

On the subject of a Musarathon, how would Finsbury Park (very close to the station) suit? There’s a Greek Cypriot restaurant there that I intend to check out.

OK, I’ve posted something in the Getting Involved section…

I know the 99 is only being offered by TWS as part of the current mixed case, but for anyone looking to stock-up, I just got an email about this:

Seems to be a fair amount around. I got a half case this time last year for about that price from The Sampler.

Yeah, me too, it is all gone now… just too good.

I have managed to restrict myself to two bottles so far…

Large Waitrose in Wimbledon also stocks the 2001 at £27.99 full price.

25% off for any six bottles too…

and £5 off if you spend over £30… if you keep your vouchers

This sounds like some hall of mirrors from which there is no escape… Good place to get stuck in, though! :smiley:

Perhaps it’s as well that there are not many Waitrose in Scotland…though we do have one about 15 minutes away… :wink:

God knows where these 01s are coming from. None anywhere round here, and online they’ve been on 03 for years now.

They always used to be latest vintage only in my local Waitrose, then had the 2003 for the last year or two and onto the 2001 a few months back. Possibly newly released library stock?

I tried a 2001 from them a couple of months ago and it was great.