01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Congratulations: New Member(s) of the Month

welcome

There’s a simple solution to this - just invest in a cheaper, lower resolution monitor. That way, less lines appear on the screen. It works for me…

DECEMBER NEW MEMBER OF THE MONTH

Well, our clever bots :robot: have been doing the numbers again to decide who will win our prized 'New User of the Month’ badge.

Either they’re still taking it easy after the Christmas break or there was simply one super stand-out new contributor, because they’ve only picked one rather than their usual two badge winners!

So extra congrats to our winner:

@Wineman74! You got stuck in with some d’Arenberg chat and made us chuckle with a typo which suggested you’d been a member of The Society for over a millenia. We look forward to getting to know you better! :smiley:

Hello to all our new members (there have been quite a few of you in the last few days - starting 2019 right, I see!) - why not start a topic about something you’re passionate about? :smiley:

Thank you.
I’m glad my typo was appreciated!
I look forward to reading and contributing in 2019.

Hi there, I’m wondering whether I’m the first new community member of 2019 - or has someone else beaten me to it :0)

My name is Terri, 43 from London. I’ve been a member of the Wine Society for a long time but for some reason never joined this community - until I saw the message a week or so ago about the live tasting chat (the one with the Turkish wine) which I thought looked great and is ‘close to home’ as my parents moved there about 15 years’ ago!

So - I love wine. I’m WSET 3 qualified and am waiting for the results of a French Wine Scholar exam I took in December (through the Wine Scholar Guild). An interesting fact I suppose (am I going on too long here?!) is that I quit my corporate life in June last year to follow my passion for wine and communications (in effect I write, organise, and event manage for living). It started with the summer in France and then started my first job in the wine industry around October.

I’m always almost accompanied by my border collie Rex who is way more popular on Twitter than me!

Looking forward to getting involved in the Community!

JANUARY NEW USERS OF THE MONTH!

Those savvy Community bots :robot: have been hard at work behind the scenes again, and they’ve picked two of our newest recruits to win our ‘New User of the Month’ badge.

Congrats this time to:

@Kelly, a keen new wine explorer who actually works in Member Services, so you may have spoken to her on the phone at some point!

and

@KateK, who brought some friends along and joined in with our last virtual tasting! Thanks so much for taking part - hope we’ll see you at the next one? :smiley:

Welcome to all of our new users - I hope you’re enjoying taking part and I look forward to chatting with you all soon. :wave:

I made it 6 years ago and have no desire to run an update :joy:

What a nice start to the year. Looking forward to more virtual tastings :slightly_smiling_face:

FEBRUARY NEW USERS OF THE MONTH

Another month has shot by and we have had a wave of new members join this Community. The Community bots :robot: have been doing their sums and selected two new users to win our coveted 'New User of the Month’ badge!

Congratulations are in order to the following:

@Embee, who has already (among many fantastic contributions!) given us some great Madrid travel tips, written a Haiku and even started our last Weekend Drinking topic (thanks!) Impressive stuff!

and

@GannetKeith, who has been giving some great Assyrtiko recommendations and also provided one of my favourite recent tasting notes: “Pure fresh raspberries with a twist of black pepper with a refreshing finish. All too drinkable.” :clap:

Well done both of you, and welcome to all our many new members! Don’t be shy - say hello on the Introductions thread. :slight_smile:

MARCH NEW USERS OF THE MONTH!

A BIG hello to all the new users who’ve signed up and started contributing such great things to this Community recently. :smiley: Our clever Community bots :robot: have picked two of you to win our New User of the Month badge! Drumroll please…

Congrats this month to:

@tooby2, who’s joined our en primeur group already and also made a lovely comparison of wine and mountains. How poetic!

and

@Paul71, who’s both a new user and a new member, who has already shared some enthusiasm for Bordeaux (and will hopefully update us on how he found the Society’s Exhibition Haut-Medoc soon! :smiley: )

Well done, guys!

Thank you Laura!

I’ve already instructed friends to bow or curtsy when addressing me :sunglasses:

Will update on the Haut-Medoc later!

Thanks Laura (and :robot:). That’s nice to come home to.