01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

DHL / UK Mail

twstaste

APC delivery yesterday, should have been 2 boxes, unfortunately only one and that is what I signed for. Another delivery due today and tracking shows that both are on the van, But checked the tracking on the missing box from yesterday, a bottle of Vilmart Champagne and 2 bottles of Cayetano Solera Sherry now inexplicably showing as having been delivered with the other box yesterday!! Grrhhh!!! Do some delivery drivers celebrate Christmas at our expense??
Thank the Lord it was not my precious 2005 Hermitage and Billaud Sechet Chablis 2014 that went astray, otherwise I might have had to visit the local depot accompanied by a couple of spectacularly large and hirsute Glaswegian Scaffolders that I am acquainted with, to make a polite inquiry - JOKE!! lol!!
UK Mail delivery 2 boxes just made, all present and correct!!

Just to follow up my last post.
Rang UKMail, they have a record of my signature for 1 box. They have informed TWS that the 2nd one was not available for delivery. They use GPS, the box scanning at the delivery address and my squiggly mark on their handheld electronic box to confirm details. It is reassuring that this technology is in use to reduce losses within the logistical supply chain.
One learns something new every day!! :grinning:

I’m sure there must be a HUGE DESCREPENCY between the amount of wine “lost” compared to other lost items…:roll_eyes:

I had a delivery, not wine, a few days ago and was asked for a signature on the electronic thingy, impossible to write anything legible and the driver agreed saying I doubt that would stand up in court , what’s the point ! and he added the screens get so much work that they soon only partially show anything at all, ah progress…

Now that video would go so viral, you’d be able to replace your wine with several cases of any Chave you fancy :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

One likes to make an impression!:open_mouth::wink::smiley: