01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Dropping a bottle

If I win a bottle, then I will give it away as a Christmas gift.
Of late, I tried the Boizel NV, not a fan, the Gratien NV - not bad but no cigar. Found 1/2 bottles of Bolly at my local Asda for £18 a pop and was back on board. It’s palate, plain and simple, I adore the biscuity tones of Bolly and if you get a really good RD you get a spring meadow of floral scents dancing around your brain. The Bolly 2004 RD as supplied by the Society is £139, this year I will pass and “make do” (how bad does that sound!!:wink:) with the Bolly 2005 or 2007!!
And I remember all of those Christmases, NY’s, Birthdays that I spent on an offshore Oil & Gas Platform just outside the Arctic Circle that was virtually alcohol free, for very good reasons, enduring the privations that came with the job. So a spot of Bolly now, is a treat that causes me no guilt, especially as at the beginning of the Festive Season I like to make some worthwhile charitable donations.
But I wish you all the best in the Draw, my history regarding Lady Luck is when she arrives at my door, it is as an avalanche which has been fun!!:smile: