01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Eto - getting to know a new gadget

decanter
gadget

Ah, I’ve never noticed that. I suspect it will go after a bit of use combined with washing. Certainly though if you don’t fully push it down then it cannot work as the whole principle is about eliminating all the air from the surface of the wine.

Hi Mike,

I do push mine down as far as it can go. Have you noticed a gap if you tilt it ?

No I can put mine completely on its side and I’ve even inverted it partially and still no gap (and nothing came out!).

Cheers Mike,

As you might be able to see from mine, when I tilt it a large air bubble appears and it leaks.

I’m absolutely no expert on the eto, not had mine long yet, but I’d be looking at the seal for the ball valve:

That photo shows the red seal removed from the valve. Note the seal is actually upside down in that photo, showing the slot that seats onto the black plastic as in the next photo.

So the ball will float up until it’s pressed against that seal. If it’s not snuggly pressed against the seal you’ll certainly get leakage and air getting in. Strange that I have no problem with that.

The only other observation I can make is that I fully dismantle all the seals to clean them after I’ve finished the current wine.

Thanks Mike.

I’m no expert with anything mechanical, but I’ve checked I’ve got all the parts and the “ ball and socket “ part appears to be working. So I thought it might be the black seal. I’ll hopefully receive my new seal and see if that corrects the problem. If not guess I’ll have to email Eto again and see what they suggest.