01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Favourite artist and track

music

Hiya @bean! :slight_smile: Sorry about that - I’ve edited the post for you now.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but had you added them as links using the hyperlink button in the editing window?

Either way, all you need to do is copy and paste the url e.g youtube.com/blahblah directly into the editing window on a new line (with no extra text either side of it) and then hit enter, and you should see the video load in the preview video on the right. Here’s a screen grab to show what I mean:

Hope this helps! :smiley:

I had - thanks for explaining and sorting Laura, there’ll be no stopping me now…

from my youth:

I’ve got all these on a SKA playlist alongside the Skattelites

can’t forget the beat

the selecter

wallowing in nostalgia now!

It’s a few years old now but I still find myself coming back to this. It’s a cracking album, but the version they recorded with the bbc orchestra and full choir is rather special. This track is probably my highlight. The bit when the choir comes in has the power to turn me into a quivering wreck:

@Bargainbob - Sound has stopped working on my PC so I immediately played this track on my Brennan. No choir there :frowning:

I bought album after listening to it on a long haul flight.

Most recent purchase was Franz Ferdinand’s album ‘Always Ascending’, and I’m loving it, playing it at least once every day.

(would do more but don’t want to irritate other household members)

@bean I love Madness.

@Bargainbob Elbow reminded me of the London Olympics and then it was a short step to this…

It’s getting close to wine o’clock and sticking a few tunes on :smile:

Me too. Beautiful music.

Currently listening to The Jayhawks - Rainy Day Music - one of my favourite albums. A good way to start the weekend🙂

Damn! Well if you’re sufficiently interested you can but this performance on CD+DVD. Pricey from Amazon but there must be cheaper deals out there. It is marvellous.

This was the last song played at my wedding. Love it! I was also one of the maybe quarter of a million people in the field when he played Glastonbury in 2000. A very special night and an incredible artist!

I was also lucky to see Bowie live in concert at the Sziget Festival in Budapest. Best ever gig I have been to. The visual effects also great.

I should have read the title a bit closer when I posted yesterday…

I am afraid that I am a bit of a music bore (is this preferable to being a wine bore? My kids certainly think that I am both). I was out this morning walking Jimmy, our Standard Schnauzer, and was thinking who is my favourite artist ever…there are so many to chose from. In the end I have go with Gene Clark…I can’t think of one bad track he released and there are so many classics. I can’t chose a favourite track though, probably Lady Of The North or In A Misty Morning.

Other favourite tracks, in no particular order
Tumblin’ Dice - The Rolling Stones - I have heard this song so many times and I never tire of it.
Guinevere - Crosby, Stills and Nash - absolute perfection
Mother Sky - Can - unbelievable 14 or so minutes of rock music

I will probably change my mind tomorrow…

I love all genres of music. This is one of my all time favourites

That first CSN album is just amazing - that synergy just sounds so effortless. I remember the first time I saw the footage of their acoustic set at Woodstock … wow. Went straight out and bought that album.

Yours is no disgrace - Yes

The live version.

I’m a huge CSN&Y fan too, and Guinevere is definitely my favourite song by them. It transports me to a completely different world! I love their 4 Way Street live album so much. My first boyfriend introduced me to it, aged 14… Happy days! :wink: