01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Germany Growers Walkaround tasting [April 2019]

riesling
tasting-events

Most of the wines from this tasting (not already listed) appeared and then quickly disappeared off the list. Hope to see them back soon!

Joke is the word that springs to mind.

Bloomin’ heck. The Assmanshauser spatbutgunder and the Fellbacher trollinger have disappeared already.

I wonder if they’re being held back for a future German reds offer ?

@Embee Try 'phoning customer services if you want to order - they may well still be available. When I ordered last weekend, half of them were not listed on the website, but they were available to buy when I quoted the reference codes.

A similar thing happened with a Valpolicella Ripasso that I was intent on ordering until it suddenly disappeared. On enquiring with customer services, they had around 1000 bottles and an order was duly placed.

Thanks for the advice. I’d be on the phone now if I hadn’t already ordered !

Thankfully it was all too easy to make up a mixed case from the wines that were eventually listed , albeit, so briefly.

Once again, I’m very grateful for your initial post otherwise I wouldn’t have had a clue that the wines were even available to order in the first place. Much appreciated

Had already posted a largish order including this bin end selection, mostly 2015’s and a nice selection of non Riesling Germans, but I hope that these briefly appearing wines are back on the list again soon!

Heads up that this wine is now discounted - thanks @VinoVeritas for alerting in the first place.

Quite a few German wines on the list now bin ended. Think I’ll get a mixed 6 at least!

Well spotted @cgoldin only 133 bottles left. :+1: