01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Guerilla tasting series [WIKI]

tasting
guerilla

It’s the same grape. :wink:

It’s on, I’ve placed my order for the two semillons to arrive 7th August.

Don’t know if we will have to wait until after August to accommodate all those holidays I’m sure people are taking (I’m away 15-28 August).

First week of September looking good for me, though any date suggestions welcome.

Oh god, typical Mentor arrogance… :wink:

I suggest you create its own topic and put in some polls for the dates.

No wonder I had no idea what they are!

Absolutely!

I’m happy to cede the next one to @Brocklehurstj — you’re ahead of me on the ideas front & the ideas sound great to me!

Shall we organise another one of these for midway between 7 November and 5 December… the next two #twstaste events?

How about this:

Versus this:

New world vs old world Bordeaux blends

Same price, same vintage, half bottles to keep the costs down (or if you don’t fancy a full bottle). Appear to be at least 200 bottles of each in stock.

Anyone interested?

That is not a bad shout… I already have the Rustenberg at home.

I’d go with that :wink:!

Great suggestion in every respect, I’m in !

Like the idea of half bottles - good choice! I’m in!

So, we have 4 or 5 interested parties. I’m sure I can convince @JamesE to participate as well (hoping he brings round supper again :slight_smile: ).

Is that sufficient? If so, I’ll place an order (because I need so much convincing to click go on a carefully curated basket!). These two bring the average bottle price down rather nicely, as long as calculations are by unit, not volume.

I think there will be more, just need to find a date now. Maybe start its own thread.

:raising_hand_man: I’m up for this too!

Always more than happy to drink your wine @Brocklehurstj… impeccable taste and all that.

I can certainly bring supper. Although, if it’s only half bottles, I might only bring a starter. Or even just nibbles!

Sounds good, I have both at home, full bottles though.

Is anyone up for a Guerilla tasting (#5) on 19 December 2019? It would be the Hans Igler Classic Blaufränkisch 2017 and a very exciting comparison that is likely to appear on the list on Monday in short supply. Let me know if you are in.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I am currently unsure - though this is completely my sort of comparative tasting!

It’s one of the dates I might be hosting colleagues for a pre-xmas party, so until I know for sure, I can’t commit. I’ll vote either way once I know. :+1:

Hmmmm…… I really wasn’t fan of this Blaufrankisch, it would depend on what the other wine was.