01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE from 8pm #TWSTaste: Burgundy grapes, Alsace style [7th Nov 2019]

It’s got everything there to become great. Not quite altogether yet but showing real promise.

Now I’d give it a 7 but would love to try it in a couple of years. Maybe put a case in reserves @laura? :grin::grin:

I think it’s really nice to drink but it’s not massively complex so I’m going with a 7!

7 and 7 from us

Good as an aperitif now or with a seafood starter perhaps? Perhaps more like a Burgundy in a few years time, but it is quite acidic compared, say, to the Talmard Macon-Villages.

6 for me — young still, but balanced, decent length & intensity. Would be happy to drink again (maybe in a few years though?)

very short, too… for now

Not a hit. 4 and 5 from us.

OH would give it a good 7. It’s going down very well with slices of smoked duck and Cumberland sauce so I’d probably agree

We like this - 7 from both of us

Let’s pour the red, shall we? :smile: Have a swirl and sniff…

6.5 from me, but it is enjoyable in a Un-Chardonnay sort of way…

Just getting it out of the fridge! (20 mins in, as per!)

Did anyone decant it?

Ooh - I’m swirling and sniffing tinned cherry pie filling. Wonderful! And then it goes all fresh cherries. and loganberries.

Raspberry. Lovely nose.

I’m thinking cherry and cinnamon

Definitely getting both cherry and raspberry

not a decant, but poured an hour ago… I love the smell of sour cherries in a wine and this one has plenty

Lovely burgundy colour when held up to the light of the laptop !

Strawberry, redcurrant and spice on the nose at first. A head cold isn’t helping, mind.

Ooh, it’s tart, isn’t it?!