01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE from 8pm #TWSTaste: Burgundy grapes, Alsace style [7th Nov 2019]

First hit was this metallic almost blood like nose, followed by cherries in kirsch on a black forest gateau, with fag ash and something reminiscent of a rose bush in flower…

Bingo

Great, quite rich colour - cooked Morello cherries and notes of fresh raspberries.

OH: Bakewell tart & cherry

Nope. Not getting fag ash despite the bonfire earlier.

Blood and cherries, thanks folks !

Ooooh sour cherrys and frozen raspberries!

Maybe its my neighbours illegal coal fire …:rofl:

There’s definitely some warm spice there in the background. Totally see what you mean about the cigarette ash @Leah!

I don’t get the blood… but kind of happy this tasting is on-line…

Cherries for me as well

Nice fruit balanced by slightly smoky tobacco pouch earthiness. Would have gone for bordeaux blend in a blind tasting!

Aside: Mrs @Ewbz has just walked in with fish & chips. I now know what I’m going to do with the excess chardonnay :fish::fries:

Mrs CC: cinnamon, some cherries and a faint hint of orange chocolate

Black forest gateau for one, Christmas pudding for the second. I’m still on currants, cherries and spice.

slight clove and anaesthetic

Yes, I can see the fag Ash - like a sharp, pungent note on top of the fruit. Subtle, but there.

Who’s already tasted it? :laughing: Feel free to dive in…

Med ruby, purple tinge. Med: gentle floral, dark cherry, raspberry, earthy (yes, ash — h/t @leah) & gentled warm spice: clove, cardamom even.

Mix of fresh & brooding. Interesting…

Definitely getting the tobacco smoke. Its not quite a fine Cohiba but nicer than a Lambert and Butler!