01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

LIVE** Guerrilla tasting #4: Bordeaux blend - France Vs South Africa. 28 November 2019 **

It’s an 8 from me, loses .5 for vfm and agree with @philip_currie’s SO with the ‘generic red wine’ call. But for me generically delicious in the way that ripe reds can be, albeit only for a glass or two.

Glad to know I’m not the only one :laughing:

Just trying them both side by side with the cheese. Bdx definitely thinner and less interesting. Rustenberg more robust and satisfying.

That’s right. Filthy Bordelais.

Mrs CC: yes indeed

I’ve had other vintages of this Rustenberg before and I’ve always wondered what it might be like with a bit more bottle age. Has anyone ever tried?

Rich, ripely sweet and persistent. It certainly coats the mouth and leaves an impression.

I’d have to say the Rustenberg tastes more like a Bordeaux than the Bordeaux!

Agreed

for me it is a 7 as the other wine was a 5 (with a lot of goodwill)… it is also actually yummy and would drink again

this might be the first whitewash…

7 from me

I haven’t but I’d say it would do very well with a few more years and I’d also hazard that the TWS end date is a tad conservative. I’d’ve said his has the structure to go beyond '23

We’re giving it a solid 7.

And a classy one at that. The LdeP tasted generic in comparison !

7 here, which is a good score - I keep 8-10 for really exceptional wines!

I’m going with a 7.5, only because I’m not sure it delivers on VFM. Tastes and smells lovely though.

that sounds a bit like the ‘there has been a high demand’ quote from TWS EP allocation emails

Whatever solid means.

I’m sure the Rustenberg CEO will be pleased that it was solid when they read this thread later…