01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

NEW #TWSTaste virtual tasting - Rioja 'vertical', Thursday 26th March, 8-9pm

twstaste

I’m in! Since the move to Sweden I’ve found it tricky to participate in these online tastings as getting the TWS wines is not possible. However, my local Systembolaget will have Rioja options - yay!

I have Muga 2015 in the cellar, but that’s slumbering for a later occasion.

As we’re not (yet) in lockdown I will peruse my local store and report back :smile:

I’m in too! I propose to open a bottle of 2004 Ontañón Reserva (Tempranillo/Graciano), which sounds a bit grander than it is.

Will edit the wiki directly.

In the interest of adding a new vintage I am leaning towards this

Great idea! :bulb::bulb::bulb: Let’s do that

It certainly does. Just added my 2011 offering

Well this is very cool, only 5 vintages missing from the last 20 years :grin:

I’m in with a Ramón Bilbao :wink:

Having had a useful look through my stocks of wine (looks like my main drink in isolation may well be sherry), I even managed to fill in a blank year with Arana 08.

Will be interested to see how it works with everyone on different wines… will it be more illuminating than a normal drinking thread? Guess we’ll find out.

Either way, it’s looking to be a cracking party given the number of respondents…!:+1:

I don’t know what the turnout’s usually like, but I reckon it’s often fewer than ten.

I will be going back into the archive and opening the last bottle of Murrieta Reserva 1994. The original merchant note suggested it would last 25 years so may be just “over the hill”. Not sure how to edit the wiki

We enjoyed an Urbina 1994 Gran Reserva at the weekend and it was lovely still. Have faith.

To fill a gap, I’ve upgraded to 2007 LRA 904 GR. ¡Viva la comunidad!

I don’t think I’m going anywhere Thursday… I can open a 1997 La Rioja Alta 904

No delivery so relieved the original TWS Taste has been postponed, I’m looking forward to those wines.

I’m therefore all in for Rioja. Unfortunately my ability to fill in a blank vintage is tied up with my ability to withdraw from TWS Reserves. I’ve got a Society special for the party: 2010 Bodegas y Viñedos del Contino Rioja Reserva 930 for the Wine Society

I will happily contribute a 2012 CVNE Vina Real Gran Reserva

And some food ideas from Fiona Beckett.

While getting the Dominio found a gap filler for 1998. Must be one of the heaviest bottles going.

Will Coravin both

This is great, thanks! I think, based on what we’ve got in, we’ll do a mildly spicy sausage and pepper stew. :slight_smile:

What’s everyone else planning on cooking?

Well be eating spicy goat sausages in toad-in-the-hole.

Probably roast street urchin, with pan-fried hedge clippings and steamed compost.

But I may get to the supermarket in time.