01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Rhône Rangers

I picked 3 of the 2016 in the end, mainly because if I decide to get any more next year they are all likely to be 2017s and partly because (flawed theory I know) the 2016 might drink a year earlier

+1 for L’Oratoire, for me the best address and their whites are also superb. Bought our holiday drinking there a few times when staying in the area. Mags of their 2005 top cuvee red drinking beautifully and stocked up on 2010 Les Douyes mags last time. Brilliant QPR.

As I understand it, Les Sinards is part young vine Beaucastel, part (probably the largest) from a 7 hectare vineyard 2.5km down the road, rented from the Sinard family.
80,000 bottle p.a. made according to DrinkRhone - most of them seem to have been bought from Sainsbury’s by contributors to this thread!:grinning:

That’s certainly my understanding as well. Hoping we found a nice bargain. Clearly it’ll be worlds apart from its older sibling but should be well made and good drinking, especially given a few years in the bottle which is very much the plan