01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Rhône Rangers

Made me laugh though :sweat_smile:

Hello. I’ve been lucky enough this week to pull 3 bottles of Cote Rotie Duplessy Domaine Gilles Barge 2010 from my reserves, originally bought en primeur.

Has anyone tried this recently and have any views on how its faring or what to pair it with? Thanks

Possibly.

But… and apologies for getting all philosophical… if money was no object… would we still gain pleasure from our collective monthly deliberations - the Musar or the Barbaresco, the Chilean pinot or an Uraguan field blend…
Would our cellars also be so full that we would lose the thrill of opening a ‘slightly’ nicer bottle than usual on the weekend, and be racked will guilt about the wine we will never be able to drink (and thus unavailable to others.

And probably be at (greater) risk of a broken liver…

Some good points James. I think what I was trying to say back then was not that it would be good to be in a position to just buy whatever you want whenever you want without limit. Instead, not to have to sit there struggling to justify buying every purchase when weighed up against what you can realistically afford.