01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Rhône Rangers

I managed to pick one each of the below, more on a whim than anything else. Has anyone bought and opened any yet?
Will they keep throughout the year?

Crozes-Hermitage, Domaine Roure 1997

Chateauneuf Du Pape 1994 Ch Du Beaucastel Perrin

Hermitage, Marquis de Sizeranne, Chapoutier 2001

Opened up the 97 Domaine Roure this evening, unfortunately it’s well passed its drinking date. Such a shame as we were looking forward to it.
The 2013 Thalabert is an absolute delight though.

Question for the Rhône gurus out there or perhaps TWS folks also…I have two different 2015 Ch Couracs and they are different.

The bottle on the right was an EP purchase and other was recently purchased as a winter warmer in the last few weeks.

I was wondering if anyone as TWS can shed any light on this?

Those are two different wines… a Laudun Village Cru and a generic CdR…

From a Rhone website

Our Côtes du Rhône is a blend of Syrah, Grenache, Cinsault and old Carignans, and is supple and fruity with fine, delicate tannins.

Our Côtes du Rhône Villages LAUDUN has good ageing potential, with flavours of ripe blackcurrants and raspberries alongside good structure and character.

Thanks for clarification so promptly…and yes they are very different even as the low end of the market the cru wine drinks better with air and decanting and remains age worthy.

An aside : The Delas Grignan (which is I think actually from the plain near Donzere where there’s a rubbish Intermarche and a very good Relais Routiers (not far from the autoroute du soleil)) , and the wonderfully rich Rive Gauche Rive Droite are both v good at this price point, as is Galus… Worth checking out.

Also rewards 2-3-4 years ageing which might also be a surprise at the price point.

Interesting. Opposite for Rive Gauche Droite… Best young IMHO

Definitely agree.

Thought I would throw this one out to the Rhône gurus for some advice…bought these wines last summer in Tain on a road trip in a little wine shop on the square opposite Jaboulets shop .

What do you think the drink date ranges are?

The Gerard Courbris is a 2017.
Appreciate anyone input these are resting in my garage eurocave.

Some St Joseph drink quite young so I’ll have a stab at 2018 to 2028? :thinking:

Thanks for the tip I don’t buy much northern Rhône so advice much appreciated.