01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

#TWSTaste thread: Members’ Favourites, 13th September

twstaste

Definitely better with cheese but, for me, not an amazing wine. I’ll give it 5.5 - we’ll finish it over the weekend but wouldn’t reorder

Mum’s gone for 7/10 for the red and I think 7.5/10, I’d definitely buy this one again :grinning:

I still think it went great with my Porcini mushrooms. But again that’s a good strong flavoured food.

Oh yes please!

difficult to compare a red with a white . 6 out of 10 for the red

Sounds good. We’ll be back! Thanks for a great first experience

Thank you @laura

Yeah, there’s a lot going on!

The “Fistful” is improving with the cheese and biscuits - but its definitely the Muscadet for us

Great fun as always, glad I managed to pick these up and give them a go. My wife gets home in 10 mins so she still has it all to look forward to!

Oh no!!! I can’t make it — I’ll be at wine school that night! Might get the wines anyway & check in with you all when I get back… :wine_glass:

We tried it with Brie but weren’t convinced… we’re off to seek out some cheddar!

Red seems a bit smoother now it has been opened for over an hour

I can definitely see that :+1:t3:

Oddly I suspect my ragu, salty with pancetta, would have worked better with the Muscadet!

Thanks all! Until next time…

Mrs G will be back from camera club later - I am sure she will have her say…

That’s just two days before I leave home for two months, but I’ll try and make it.

A fun hour.

thank you one and all.

No cheddar doesn’t work as well - have you got a blue you can try?

Better with cheddar that gruyere. Would love to have tried some brie but the lovely truffle one we bought a few weeks back is a bit past it :frowning:

I think I saw you say there some difference, is that right? (Can’t find the specific post now!)