01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Weekday drinking thread [3-6 June 2019]

weekday-drinking

I bought a bottle of the Arom last week in the Netherlands from a random little wine shop. Glad to hear it was tasty. The owner, who had recommended it suggested a couple of hours in the decanter, how was it on day 2?

Superb Argentine Malbec from Michel Rolland’s Estate in Mendoza went perfectly with a wine drenched stew! Clear and bright. Opaque centre, purple rim. Clean nose. Intense black fruits, plums, mulberries. Hints of pepper and vanilla. Clean palate. Dry. Mouth filling tannins. Medium acidity. Intense fruit. Still young - possibly not yet a balance of tannins, fruit and acidity but clear potential. Long finish. Great wine for steaks.

Hi, I would also recommend decanting as the wine was more open on day two.

Colour-wise it’s a strikingly bright medium cherry red. Plummy black cherry fruit, a floral note and roasted coffee beans on the nose. Similar flavours on tasting, full bodied, ripe fruit ( nothing jammy ), a smooth supple texture, discrete tannins and a soft medium length finish.

However, personally, I’d prefer fresher acidity, a tad more grip and less of the coffee bean. That said, my criticisms would be plus points for others !

Thanks Embee, great tasting note.

I’m with you on the acidity but I’m sure I can find a moment for it.

closed #65