I had some friends over for a wee gathering/reunion, last night. A few of the guests delighted us with Bolinger and a Chateau Tour St. Bonnet 2003, which replaced my original choice for main course wine.
Here’s what we had:
- The Society’s Champagne; then some Bolinger with the nibbles.
- Goats Cheese, Chorizo and Black Pudding Salad, paired with a Famille Bougrier Sauvignon Blanc 2015.
- Family recipe Hungarian Goulash with roast potatoes, paired with Chateau Tour St. Bonnet 2003 (originally had planned Society Exhibition La Rioja Alta Reserva 2011).
- Homemade Chocolate Orange Cheesecake, paired with Maydie Tannat 2015.
- Big Cheeseboard, paired with Quinta Do Noval LBV Port 2011.
I was particularly impressed by the Maydie Tannat 2015. On it’s own, it looks and smells like port but has an interesting dry finish. When eaten with chocolate orange cheesecake it’s heavenly. Matchtastic!
The youngling was at Granny and Grandad’s for a sleepover, hence the excuse for a proper feast!