01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

What is in your basket [Sept-Oct 2019]

basket

When we both work from home we’re separated by a cup of coffee :slight_smile:

There are certain Thursdays the nanny gets to go home early because I have to rapidly transfer an order to the cabinets and dispose of the box…

@inbar, @brocklehurstj, @stuartJ78 - You could always Click and Collect (and Smuggle) in to your storage area… Works for me! :wink:

@Leah I bet he thinks you barely get through any wine at all while he’s at work…!

The never diminishing wall of wine boxes… they just get swapped for a new one from time to time… Oh yes! I know!

You’ve got my cards marked :rofl::rofl::joy::joy::wine_glass:

One additional advantage of L&W storage is getting deliveries to Majestic… a two minute walk… always some bottles on for tasting.

By Jove, you’re right! It completely slipped my mind…
Here’s to future deceptions! :smirk:

Cheers! :laughing:

There is also this intriguing Nebbiolo from a more obscure place with some more age on it… Has anyone tried it?

I had a less expensive cuvee by Sperino (about £20) which was very good. I’ve drunk more “mountain” nebbiolo than Barolo/Barbaresco recently, value is generally good imo. Intrigued by it, have high expectations.

Not the 2009, but the 2008 (another of my Dad’s bottles). I remember it was excellent, but have no detailed notes or memory of the wine itself.

I love CdN. Nimes is twinned with my home town Preston,so I have tried a few. Black fruit, garrigue herbs and my favourite part a long, smooth black peppery finish.

So being an Aussie I’m slightly embarrassed to say that I’ve ordered 12 bottles from the Aus/NZ offer and they are all Kiwi’s! :kiwi_fruit:

Should be pretty tasty though.

Also ordered a couple more Bordeaux 2018 EP inspired by @japcraw’s post on the weekend drinking thread.
Picked up 6 each of these

In addition to the six reds mentioned on the thread I started today, I have just bought the following:

Szolo Tempo Tokaj Furmint 2017 Code: HU1361In Stock
1 x Bottle(s) at £14.95 £14.95
Côtes du Jura Savagnin, Domaine Chevassu-Fassenet 2013 Code: JU1271In Stock
1 x Bottle(s) at £19.00 £19.00
Côtes de Provence Blanc, Cru Classé, Château du Galoupet 2016 Code: FC37341In Stock
1 x Bottle(s) at £14.95 £14.95
Grato Grati Rosso Toscana Vecchia Annata 2006 Code: IT27601In Stock
1 x Bottle(s) at £23.00 £23.00
Maison Roche de Bellene, Meursault Premier Cru Charmes 2012 Code: BU57501In Stock
1 x Bottle(s) at £54.00 £54.00
Lessona, Proprietà Sperino 2009 Code: IT18831In Stock
1 x Bottle(s) at £40.00 £40.00

My father-in-law gave me a £50 voucher for my birthday, so the Meursault is my gift from him :grinning:

Timed my Kumeu River chardonnay mixed case to arrive yesterday whilst the better half was away with friends on a long weekend. Box disposed of in the recycling and bottles now hidden in the wine fridge.

We’re all starting to sound like we’re posting on that odd website ‘Infidelities’ :laughing:

Sadly that order arrived late and only just in time for the tasting and short one bottle that had been broken Guess which bottle?

I have friends who have high end hi fi equipment or photography habits; another is continually buying expensive bicycle components. Some people I know commit somewhat less benign indiscretions, and some, having been caught, are subject to substantial oversight of their financial affairs from their partner.

I think if this is our ‘outlet’ there are many we could choose which could be more financially or emotionally ruinous!

Like shoes and handbags…:see_no_evil:

Not Burlotto Barolo :slightly_smiling_face: