01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Your favourite gin?

gin
spirits

Cardamom or I’m assured by Mrs A that raspberry is fantastic.

Both WITH rhubarb??

Maybe I should just add the completed rhubarb gin to @Herbster’s toffee apple vodka??
:blush:

No one or the other.

Lemongrass may work??

Custard - Vanilla pod?

Good call…:smile:

Try cardamom or cumin. Bit different but quite a revelation when combined in a crumble. Not sure it will quite work in a gin but maybe worth a shot.

Someone mentioned Rhubarb and Custard: Nelsons Distillery already make one using vanilla to give a custard like taste.

Rhubarb & Custard Gin

Definitely orange, as I know that one works already! (You need to get some of the grated rind in there as that’s where the orange oil is). But some of the other suggestions sound well worth exploring. Expect to have to do some small-scale trial batches to get the balance right!

Awful thing to have to do :joy:

You could always try a gin school where you make your own. We did and managed to create a pretty nice gin with floral and spicy notes suggestive of Moroccan flavours. Even better they make repeat batches for us so that we can continue to drink our own gin!

Still Tanqueray and tonic…ice and lemon/lime

Tanqueray has to be up there with the best at the value end of the market. Especially when I can get the “Imported” 47.3% at £14 a litre in Duty Free!

Garden Tiger from Capreolus Distillery. Properly niche but amazingly complex.